View Major General Martin Smith - MBE Operation Commander's presentation from The 2015 African Security Summit as he covers mandate, piracy business models and enduring solutions.
View Ali Mirah Chehem Daoud's presentation to learn more about the RMSP - Regional Maritime Security Program
By attending AFSEC 2017 you will:
- Gain access to the defence leadership of a number of African nations and build a clear understanding of their priorities in order to effectively engage with national programmes, while contributing to the evolution of their ideas through panel and side-bar discussions
- Exchange ideas and case studies on different methods of maritime security cooperation like the break-through agreement in Zone D (Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon and ST&P) that will be a major blueprint for maritime security cooperation globally
- Build a crosscutting, international and multi-agency network of decision makers required to effectively evolve your international role; be that in the fight against transnational organised crime, or in maintaining business intelligence
- Develop comprehensive awareness of the complexity and detail of the international security capacity building initiatives currently active in the region in order to establish opportunities for your organisation
- Put maritime crime in context with ashore security and present your solutions that tackle the problem and not just the symptoms; Demonstrate that your method for combating transnational organised crime committed at sea targets leaders, financiers and enablers